My name is Michael Weiss. I’m a 33 year old software developer. My interests lie in creating services and apps that are some combination of useful, interesting, and fun.
In the past I’ve worked:
- as a software developer in the internal cloud services team at LINE
- as a hacker at a computer vision startup, UmboCV
- as a development manager and software developer for educational software for kids at IXL Learning
In general, I like to:
- create software to help language learning
- contribute to open source software
- answer questions on stack overflow
I speak English (native), Japanese (JLPT N2 level), and a little Chinese.
Technologies and philosophy
I try to be as pragmatic as I can when developing software and believe the user’s experience trumps whatever was used to implement it. However, I believe correct implementation begets a good user experience, and I am biased towards strongly typed languages and frameworks that focus on reliability and performance.